PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2014, 07:37
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Just viewed the interviews.
Over the top the Malaysian Minister of transport and defence was evasive and very uncomfortable during the whole interview. He wasn't saying anything with substance.

The opposition leader was a surprise. Until now i haven't seen any interview with him and from the media I had the impression he would be a radical fanatic guy. I'm not privy to his real mind, but his answers to the competent questions were all sound and reasonable. Interesting his answers to the role of the military concerning SOPs all over the world concerning air policing and the non adherence in this case. And he did not use the interview for unnecessary political statements. I think the opposition leaders of most european countries would have been more aggressive in an opportunity like this one.

The Chief pilot gave an excellent interview, and his position was and is that it most probably was a deliberate act. Imho he will be the most informed pilot at Malaysia airlines with one of the highest level of technical and procedural understandig to normal MAS operations. He most probably had access to inside information from the beginning and could form his take on the events in an early stage untempered from the media and other discussions. He never evaded a question and all his answers were on the spot.

Bottom line is, the man with the two hats was most nervous, he was evasive, he was hiding and not telling any thing. He is the guy who has responsibility for air transport and air defence matters in Malaysia, and if some standard SOPs are established for a rouge flight than he would be the guy making the necessary calls. We must therefore assume that he was well informed in the early stage of the flight going missing, or he could not be reached and the designated deputy further down the line was not making any decisions.

Caro Meldrum-Hanna and her team did a great job in all three interviews. Until now its the best information on air from Malaysia.

Last edited by RetiredF4; 20th May 2014 at 09:20.