PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2014, 15:30
McNulty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are not 'nervous control freak captains' as alu-shufler dares to say, but fed up flying into challenging ops with no experience on the right side. Cadets are released on line but far from capable and load up even on a sunny day.

I need a collegue, to support me, not a student, and now my job is on the line I indeed will not allow any more visuals, the Autopilot stays on until 500 ft and if have any doubt(and believe me, or just ask the cabin crew, the number of 'impacts' instead of landings are on the rise) i do the landing.
No visuals? Autopilot to 500 feet?....sorry but you do sound like a nervous control freak. I let my FO's fly the aircraft, and even when they start making mistakes I try to let it go as long as possible in the hope they'll see the mistake themselves and make the appropriate corrections. This way they can learn from their mistakes....alot more so than if they have some over-bearing stressed out control freak in the left seat using them as voice operated auto pilots.

The best thing about becoming a captain was no longer having to fly with totalitarian despots in the left seat anymore.