PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Army Warrant Officer Helicopter Pilots, God, and the Truth
Old 18th May 2014, 13:59
Boudreaux Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Army Warrant Officer Helicopter Pilots, God, and the Truth

This is my Story.....and I am sticking to it!

A Pilot Parable

One day, while an old Army Warrant Officer Aviator was cutting the branch off a tree high above a river, his ax fell into the river.

When he cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "Why are you crying?"
The aviator replied that his ax had fallen into water, and he needed the ax to supplement his meager pension.

The Lord went down into the water and reappeared with a golden ax.
"Is this your ax?" the Lord asked.
The aviator replied, "No."

The Lord again went down and came up with a silver ax. "Is this your Ax?" the Lord asked.
Again, the aviator replied, "No."

The Lord went down again and came up with an iron ax. "Is this your Ax?" the Lord asked.
The aviator replied, "Yes."

The Lord was pleased with the aviator's honesty and gave him all three axes to keep, and the aviator went home happy.

Six months later the aviator was walking with his wife along the river bank, his woman slipped on the wet leaves and fell into the river.
When the pilot cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked him, "Why are you so upset?"
"Oh Lord, my wife has fallen into the water!"

The Lord went down into the water and came up with Selma Hayek. "Is this your woman?" the Lord asked.
"Yes," cried the aviator.

The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!"

The Pilot replied, "Oh, forgive me Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to Selma Hayek, You would have come up with Ann Hathaway.
Then if I said 'no' to her, you would have come up with my woman. Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all three.
And Lord, I am an old man not able to take care of all three women in a way that they deserve, that's why I said yes to Selma Hayek."

And God was pleased.

The moral of this story is:

Whenever a Pilot lies, it is for a good and honorable reason, and only for the benefit of others!