PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 16th May 2014, 06:57
KurtW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re

Thanks for all the responses. In the 90s I was considering becoming a pilot but in the end decided not to go through with it due to the reasons everyone seem to be stating, i.e., high costs and difficulty getting a job. Instead I decided to go into finance where I could make more money and I have regretted it ever since. It is clearly not that easy to get a job once you have the license but some people must get them. Can't say I am doing this for financial reasons. Would be a lot better off continuing with what I am doing but not particularly happy. Worst case scenario is that I have spent a fair bit of money and have to go back to what I was doing before. At least I made a go at it.

I know this has been covered more or less in other threads but it is still a bit hard to get my head around it. I am considering FTE, OAA, and CTC as they are all used by BA for training their pilots. Prices and training seems pretty similar albeit in different locations. Is it the case that the airline industry consider the quality of training in these schools comparable?