PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2014, 22:40
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
QF has far too many staff & they are all paid way over the odds, with fare too many benefits, which is why QF INT is stuffed.

Not competitive at all, on the world stage.

The whole travel industry is just waiting for the day that QF INT stops flying.
QF has far too many staff because it doesn't have any aircraft left because of totally insane and incompetent 'management'.

QF was competitive but it doesn't have any routes left because of totally insane and incompetent 'management'.

The whole travel industry doesn't care about QF (or any airline) but QF particularly because it doesn't fly anywhere because of totally insane and incompetent 'management'.

Most of the public believe the media as well.
The media are simply reprinting the rubbish fed to them by the most incompetent and totally insane 'management team' since ENRON declared they were the smartest guys in the room. The public know no better, but I would expect most people reading this forum to have a basic understanding of business and airlines. Qantas, in a brilliant strategic move, essentially just gave their international business to Emirates, and Emirates are 'very pleased' with the results. I would hope the idiot Irishman Elaine has a big fat Obeid sized payoff from the Arabs sitting in an offshore account somewhere for that generous gift, because if he doesn't, he is even more stupid (and I am struggling with this) than I already thought he was.

An airline is a business that moves passengers from A-B using aircraft. If you don't have any aircraft you are no longer an airline but a travel agent.

To quote Mr Gekko: 'If these guys ran a funeral parlour, no one would die!'