PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2014, 16:23
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However you seem to be proud of the fact that you flew that jet in circumstances where any further malfunction would have put you in a very ugly situation. Personally I think you were foolish.
BPF

Why would I be proud of the fact! It is what any competent IFR pilot should be able to do and is tested to do.
I can assure you I have a lot more demanding experiences than hand flying an ILS As for being foolish thats your opinion and you are unaware of the circumstances! The point I was making is you cannot trust pilot aids as they have a habit of letting you down!

What if you missed and diverted to another airfield? In 20000 feet of solid cloud with a fair bit of icing and still had another failure? What if your diversion airfield was 400 overcast is that more manageable than 200 overcast?

for me there is no difference hand flying to 200 feet as to 400 feet its whether you are visual at minima to make a landing. If not you miss and then go somewhere else. you are talking absolute rubbish which is unusual for you.

But a lot of the skills that were essential for flying with steam gauges are not relevant.
Adrian good luck to you for I sincerely hope you will not be in for a rude awakening and become yet another Cirrus chute pull statistic.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 15th May 2014 at 16:45.