PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2014, 10:30
kungfu panda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry JS but in my view it is unsafe, so I will just have to accept that you'll disagree with me. The reliability of these aircraft lulls foolhardy managements into believing that this philosophy is safe. It is not.

Maybe I'll get fed up with fighting the losing corner but for the time being, if you are going to read these threads, then there'll be me banging on.

The thing that really got me was Bealzebub saying effectively that the simulator is everything, that to me Flying in China rings of being very foolish.
In China every simulator you go to you are observed by keen Young first officers, your 4 hour session finishes after 2 hours and the Young first officers jump in and take the rest of the period to practice. Strangely enough these first officers are excellent, they can fly the sim so much better than the foreign Captains. You are fooled into believing these guys have ability and when you fly with them and give them a Landing you are entirely confident that they are safe. Then you realise as the aicraft passes 100' and descends rapidly towards the grass at an awkward crab angle that your initial judgment was wrong.

I am not saying that this happens in Europe but you have to be very careful of judging the real ability of inexperienced people.