PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 21:50
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man up – expletive deleted.

Seems like Heff is onto this fire bomber farce (good on 'im); it's yet another page in his ever expanding notebook of aviation atrocities. Said it before; this Senate committee is bloody furious and the arrogant handlers of the likes of McComic have over estimated the strength of the cards they hold; at the end of the day a Senate royal flush will trump a public servant bluff. Just watch NSW ICAC, one squeals, down they all go.

The 'official' attitude is summed up in the "real pilots are flying" speech. Think on that for a moment,- some ground dwelling office wallah wants to tell an Ag pilot who is fire fighting to "Man up"; Un-Furkin-Believable. The only reason that fool still has teeth in his head is that he didn't say it to me. Seriously; there are limits to contractual politeness. I can only hope Heff tracks this idiot down and sends him my way: for quiet 'chat' over tea and biccy's....behind the shed.

In the video McComic tried to huff, puff and bluff his way out, once again CASA fail the industry it is paid to serve. The Ag boys will go flying, too much money to ignore; they will carry as much as (legally approved) possible; that's the nature of the beast. The RFS want them out there carrying whatever. So somewhere there must be a balance – to even dare to challenge a pilot in that fashion should have brought McComic screaming out of his kennel. But no; (anti-climax) McComic is quite happy to apply the law, just as long as he can rely on the 'expertise' of the operators (to act as CASA approved); nice little get out of jail card that one. Then there's always the trusty pilot, engineer or operator 'error' blame card to robustly apply at a later date, with 20/20 hindsight. Now – Oh, they are 'grounded'. – Excellent choice, stellar management. Crazy stuff.

Last edited by Kharon; 13th May 2014 at 22:07. Reason: But, is Tmesis an art form???