PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 12:02
shortstripper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonzarno

I have the good grace to concede to valid points raised and anybody reading my posts can see that. By contrast it is interesting to note that all you ever do is dissect other peoples posts, take their points out of context to try and make it appear that they have no valid point.

I have never said the CAPS system is a bad thing in itself. I have never said the Cirrus is a bad aircraft. All I have asked is why it has such a poor safety record (or appears to have). That has pretty well been answered before you go off on one again btw. I have conceded to the point that I do not know how it compares to other types (individual comparable types not just other GA) but it does seem to have a high number of fatalities. Again this has been answered to a large extent by the fact that many of the accidents were early on and recent training has addressed many of the issues. I have actually started to appreciate the CAPS system a lot more by some of the things I've read on here. However, I still cannot accept the "I will die unless I pull the chute" argument that seems to come across from people like you. Anybody but a fool would not use a parachute as a last ditch "get out of jail card", but given all that I have read I would still go for a forced landing unless I seriously thought it was unwise.

If you want to carry on picking my posts to bits, you go right ahead, but I'm done.

SS