PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Maintenance Changes
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2014, 09:13
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are pretty right Capt. It's so hard to watch these layers of safety being removed by managers who are only thinking of profit. You raise your concerns as legitimately as you can (as you can see from the letters to CASA), then nothing happens. It's frustrating and sometimes my comments are as frank and damning as they possibly can be in order to try and get someone to wake up and do something. My apologies if I push the boundaries at times, I suspect I may do so again.

A blog issued by some check Captain telling your that 12 is ok for oils is not the answer to this issue. We shouldn't even be discussing the problem on here as a group of Engineers and Pilots attempting to work out what the safe oil levels for departure should be. It should be clear to everyone.

The call to Maintenance Watch is also not the answer. The LAMEs up there have no clear guidelines either. We are all just stabbing in the dark hoping the operation will be safe. They aren't authorised to give you a "she'll be right mate" answer but I suspect commercial pressure will require them to do that anyway. The engine oils is just the tip of the iceberg here. We could be having the exact same conversation about tyres or brakes.

Sorry again for the sarcasm.