PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK HELICOPTER DOWN IN AFGHANISTAN
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2014, 16:12
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing to say, so will move myself along.

Paul Beaver I believe has a TA (Lt Col?) role within AAC/JHC and is probably fully briefed and media savvy as one can be given that the probably as we all know that sadly the news may have to be broken ahead of families in this situation for factors we are unaware of at the moment. Maybe despite the best will and policies in the world some cannot help themselves but jump on social media (not just UK personnel based in Afg, but international forces/civvie contractors), or even the local population (majority with mobile phones and sufficient mobile coverage in the bundu) get the information to those that would seek to use it for their own purposes. Of course, if it is later discovered that it is an ill informed over zealous MoD duty officer then I am sure that there will be a follow up review.

It would be nice though if the BBC Defence correspondent Mr Beale could at least advise his news team that the picture being used on his BBC website covering his 'breaking' story was a Merlin.

But then again who cares, it is all still speculation until a Service Inquiry report and on the scale, a picture doesn't register at all.

Sad news.