PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2014, 05:01
showaard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi ContinueTesting

I am currently also in the application process, and I think you concerns are valid, however you did get a recommendation so that is a good thing. The reason your psych questioned you a lot about your motivation to be a pilot is because outside your application, you haven't shown any. For me personally, I don't understand why people don't at least try some flying before applying...you claim you love flying but how do you know if you haven't tried it? If successful you will be spending the next few years flying light aircraft before conversion, which is a lot different to being a passenger on a commercial airliner.

Remember, officer first, pilot second. You've been recommended, which means they believe you have officer potential. So my advice to you would be to find your local gliding club and do a few hours in a glider before going to PSA. It's relatively cheap, gets you more comfortable in a small aircraft and should teach you both some basic hand-feet coordination and basic procedures around an aerodrome.