PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A small victory for free speech!
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2014, 17:23
luoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am no Ryanair defender. Never flown with them and nothing inspires me to want to try. That is nothing to so with the flight crew. It is more the experience one has learned about from friends, colleagues etc. I guess it is right for the company to ask its pilots why they rake extra fuel (else what is to stop one saying fill it up .... Even if it is not necessary) but the PiC's word and experience should be supreme. There might be a good excuse taking 3 times the usual amount of fuel but one would then have no problem justifying it. Arguing over 15 minutes fuel time, on the other hand...

If some chief pilits and their staff are micromanaging "small" fuel differences, I wonder if they save money as chief pilots, minions and their admin toys cost.

I guess their chief pilot and fuel watchers are not lobbying for a law change to let them override the captain's legal responsibility and take the personal consequence for their actions.

It does seem unfortunate that one rarely seems to see positive comments about that company, sure we all bitch about our employers at times, but this company seems very "prone". Maybe part. Of the game is clamping down on "adverse comments" whether valid or not, in case the relatively ignorant public cotton on and then vote with their wallets.