PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2014, 15:12
milktrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBB BO-105 question

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some information and hoping someone on here could help me out. I know very little about helicopters; I'm an instrument tech that works offshore so I just sit in the back. I'm a keen scale modeller and I'm currently trying to recreate helicopters that have flown in the North Sea for rig worker transport.

At present I'm building a 1/72 scale MBB BO-105 operated by North Scottish circa 1976 - 77. The reg is G-BDYZ (I think there's some photos of her earlier on in this thread). These were used a bit before my time (I'm use to super puma L1 & L2, 225's & S-92's) - from what I'm aware these were used as shuttle aircraft during the early 'hook-up' days and would take 4 pax plus the pilot. My main question and sorry if this is a daft one, but as one passenger would be in the front, would one of the cyclics be removed?
Further to this; any information about the Bölkows operated by North Scottish / Management Aviation would be much appreciated (notes about the interior, seats, boot, colours etc)

Sorry for the long winded question. Thanks in advance for any information.

Thanks and Regards
Aaron