PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 21:38
Danny42C

thing,

Without wishing to appear facetious, did you try 1471 ? Now it occurs to me that your Dad was probably not a "silver surfer" (on line) - very few of our generation are - and so the phone was the acme of technology for him.
Now supposing he had been, might you have got a PM or an e-mail ? It's a thought, isn't it ? Might have a go myself when/if opportunity offers - shouldn't be all that long now !...D.

Chugalug,

Once again I must credit you with the Second Sight. It so happens that, if my tale reaches my last Station (Leeming), there is a Post in mind: "Danny and the Night of the UFO". But of course you would not expect me to shoot that fox yet, now would you !

I've heard that particular "reincarnation" story, I think. Wasn't that the one when the lady recalled being a lad in the gun crew whose task as the "match-boy"(?) was to keep twirling the "slow-match" (the slow-burning fuse rope), so that the end would be bright hot for the gunner to apply to the touch-hole and so be sure of an instant "fire" ?.....D.

MPN11,

Your lucky day ! Can't be sure, but doesn't lightning always flash from earth to cloud ? (and of course from cloud to cloud). Have been struck myself a couple of times in the air in the monsoon, but no damage - although the flash was frightening at the time ! There is YouTube footage of an airliner being repeatedly struck on approach over London (with no apparent adverse effects), but I cannot trace the link...D.

Cheers, all. Danny

Last edited by Danny42C; 12th Apr 2014 at 16:37.