PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 01:36
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timeline of embuggerance??

004:
I wonder what the 'secret', dare I say 'mystique' is in all of this??
Kharon:
The yellow pages are transmitted to HQ when?, the decision made when ?, the advice to knock off was received when? and the Rover was sent home when?. Another critical element is why was there a caveat, making it a step by step approval for the recovery? It was 90% done, the expensive bit was done, the cost of a ship and a cable were not only insignificant, but allocated. So why was the next, logical step not 'approved'
Yes it is an interesting puzzle to spend some weekend time mulling over... My basic chronology has some serious holes that need filling…
Timeline entries…

“…8 December 2009: E-mail from ATSB to CASA raising the possibility of contributing to a joint fund sharing arrangement to recover the black box and CASA advised they didn’t have the necessary funds…

...21 December 2009: ATSB, with the assistance of the Victoria Water Police, use a remotely-operated vehicle (Rover) with an underwater video camera was to assess the wreckage.

13 January 2010: ATSB issue preliminary report AO-2009-072…”

It is interesting that the 8 December entry was only discovered because the DAS (STBR ) made a (what was to become commonplace for the DAS) correction to the Senate record, see here. {Note: Even then the DAS research minions got the facts wrong as the Hansard quote was not on page 41 but on page 53}

It is also interesting that such a decision was made (i.e. not to contribute to the black box slush fund) without the DAS either signing off on; or apparently being aware that such a decision had been made...

Sometimes body language speaks louder than words, so let us have a look at when the Hansard pg 53 question was asked, starting with Senator Nash questioning the DAS on black boxes, wx reports and Mr Wickham.. :[YOUTUBE]
{Comment: Senator Nash’s questions certainly reflect the significance of Creamy’s post #1821}

So many gaps still to be filled on the timeline of embuggerance but for now back to rovers, black boxes and the strange decision making of mi..mi..mi..Beaker..

Much more to follow.. TICK TOCK!

004 for real squirm factor the following poohtube vid is even better...

[YOUTUBE]

...amazing how the more you tie yourself up in knots the redder your ears go...

Last edited by Sarcs; 5th Apr 2014 at 20:48.