PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 09:02
FreudianSlippers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is absolutely ridiculous. I understand the moderators are busy with the MH370 thread, but I cannot understand how polax52 is allowed to continue to post nonsense about the IAA and its relationship with Ryanair.

There is evidence to absolutely rebut the statements about the IAA made by polax52.

ICAO Audited the IAA and found them the 3rd best regulator in Europe (behind France and the UK) and ahead of the USA in the overall scoring. A handy powerpoint is here.

As for the "Irish economic situation" effecting regulation, this is pure cac. The Irish economy is strongly recovering firstly. Secondly:
The IAA is a commercial State-sponsored body and derives the vast majority of its revenue from international sources, mainly through ATC user charges.

The IAA receives no Government funding.

The chart illustrates the breakdown in Irish Aviation Authority revenue during 2012

polax52 is the worst type of poster. Lazy and unable to the a modicum of research to back up their (incorrect) point. Then relies on ad hominem and composition fallacies when pilotho raises a point to which they do not have a sound rebuttal.

Ireland needs its EU membership revoked along with its freedom to operate in the deregulated skies? Jog on mate.

As a long-time lurker, this thread is the one the finally made me join up. I wasn't too sure about 100% of the cases that were brought against PPRuNe posters by Ryanair, but from looking at polax52's posts, I now understand the need to put manners on some. Maybe polax52 should be more careful, especially when it seems that Ryanair aren't finished taking people to task for their comments online.