PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 08:17
First.officer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This thread seems to have slightly "jinked" in course.....

We have to be fair and say that for all the RYR faults, the company does train it's pilots very, very well, and although people are saying there are a number of incidents, I genuinely don't believe that this is in excess of the industry norm. - it maybe gets highlighted in the press more than another airline would be presented by comparison, simply because of the way RYR normally court publicity in any shape or form within the same media. The problem with RYR isn't with the skill-set of it's pilot workforce, the problem lies with how RYR treats it's pilot (and cabin for that matter) workforce....it teats them with very little, to nil, respect and is always seeking to find new ways to "conquer and divide", in order to maintain terms and conditions at a level it deems suitable to allow continued profits at a pre-determined level.

Getting back on thread, I've heard the rumours that this summer will be a very interesting one for RYR, and on face value, it does seem that many more pilots this year are leaving for pastures of a differing shade of green, and I do know that there are FlyDubai aircraft coming this summer, whether that is wet lease or not, couldn't say....