PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan interview
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 17:52
martinYTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My interview question:
Who are you and what's your background.

The rest was a discussion in Chinese between them and my rep from GPS.

That was it...

Simulator session was challenging: wind shear, V1 cut, TCAS, fire, medical, loss of all automation (no flight director, auto thrust, autopilot) so you fly manual raw data approaches.

I'm on the 330 by the way, not sure for the 737.

For the CAAC written exam, they give you a question/answer databank of about 1000 questions of which 100 will be on the exam. Tried to get the source material instead to study from there, but the CCARs don't exist in English, or at least I couldn't find any. Some guys bought a book which is a loose translation into English of an old version of the CCARs. In the exam I found about 70 questions or so from the databank if questions. The rest were weight and balance, reading different charts, instrument displays and figure out the airplane's position etc...Some were plain wtf questions I had no idea what they were asking.

Then you have to go back to the simulator to do the official CAAC checkride to endorse the 330 on the license. Another tough, but a lot more relaxed, simulator session.

After that you can "report to the fleet" to begin the classroom stuff, getting paid at 60% salary while on training, process passport visa, foreign medical certificate, etc...

Here is their new website for direct hiring (no agency) for HNA:
HNA OVERSEAS Co. LTD

or if you prefer an agency, mine is GPS:
GPS - Global Pilot Service