PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new report on a Canadian Boeing 737 accident. A must read for first officers
Old 30th Mar 2014, 22:48
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All interesting reading.
Would I not be wrong in saying going around after a self stuffed up App is something we all would have trouble initiating? I mean we are all human (with all our failings) & no one likes to admit failure of any kind & peer pressure is alive & well in all of us no matter what culture.
We still have to work with each other & there would always be a certain amount of awkwardness in the cockpit if you flew again latter down the track with a guy where you had to take over the controls due his inabilities some time ago. The male ego, the thought of yr mates thinking he stuffed up & the management also having perhaps an unsavory opinion, all very real I suspect & happens not just in aviation.
A very late decision to go-around would be the last straw when it all got very obvious that it was hopeless so until then it's save face all the way down.

To sum it up nobody likes to repeat any exercise for whatever reason if they stuffed up in the first place.

Wmk2