PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2014, 11:10
leakyboats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The correct application of the MOU is still not being applied today. There should be advertisements within JQ of available B737 FO slots in mainline. The ghost seniority numbers in mainline currently allow JQ FO to transfer to mainline should they wish to apply. I'm not saying current JQ pilots would all be jumping at the chance to transfer across. However, they should be demanding the opportunity should they so choose.
Clearly you don’t understand the MOU. The only people in JQ who can transfer to QF under the MOU are the top 100 JQ pilots – NOT the FO’s. All of those pilots are either 787 Captains, or have the seniority to be a 787 Captain. I can’t see them demanding an opportunity for demotion.

The next training years allocations will be out soon. If the QF Group want any form of pilot engagement, every promotion both sides of the fence shall be advertised as available. Per the MOU.
I’d rather see no more abuse of the MOU by continuing one way traffic. An easy way to slightly improve engagement in JQ is to get rid of the MOU.