PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2014, 23:22
Mstr Caution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whether or not it has saved any money up till now who knows, but qf crew on jq flights does not serve their end game.
It is without a doubt, the more efficient use of pilot resources within the group would have saved the company costs. However that doesn't suit their end game.

If pilots where recruited "to group" and deployed where required. There would not be the current situation where there are 200 excess Qantas pilots & also Jetstar pilots currently looking at LOA.

I agree there would be a surplus, but not to the magnitude that currently exists.

The "Group" conveniently froze MOU opportunities for QF pilots to transfer to JQ from as early as 2009. At the same time there was a published QF pilot excess of 180 pilots. Whilst QF pilots either took LOA, forced leave or remained at mainline surplus in rank, JQ continued to recruit in large numbers.

The correct application of the MOU is still not being applied today. There should be advertisements within JQ of available B737 FO slots in mainline. The ghost seniority numbers in mainline currently allow JQ FO to transfer to mainline should they wish to apply. I'm not saying current JQ pilots would all be jumping at the chance to transfer across. However, they should be demanding the opportunity should they so choose.

The next training years allocations will be out soon. If the QF Group want any form of pilot engagement, every promotion both sides of the fence shall be advertised as available. Per the MOU.

If I was at JQ and wanted the opportunity to transfer to mainline, I would be stamping my feet asking why the MOU is not being offered.

The end game has always been to have two separate pilot groups between QF & JQ. But at what cost? 200 excess pilots at QF and X amount of excess pilots at JQ. Surely that is more of a cost than the pay savings differential.

Alan's not happy !!

I couldn't give a S&#t. Everything these managers have touched has turned to S&#t.

Give me a real CEO who's actually interested in growing Qantas mainline & i'll give you real efficiencies in the next EBA. Show me the 1 or 3, 5 or 10 year plan to turn mainline around with fuel efficient jets. Otherwise there is no way on earth I would ever contemplate a pay freeze for these clowns.

MC.