PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Mar 2014, 17:19
aussiefarmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are about to join or consider joining / applying please do your homework and research the following points. I wish someone would have explained to me clearly before I came to Dubai:

- All new joiners on Airbus rumoured to go to A330 fleet. Upgrades looking at 8-10 years at the moment. I'm not making it up, just do the maths.

- You WILL be on SBY for a whole month every 5 if you join on that fleet.

- You will not likely get more than 30 days leave a year.

- Rosters are up to 92 hours and 90% turnarounds, most of them at night, and maximising the duty limits.

If you happen to join on the B777. There's only 30 command upgrades planned for this year. Your command, joining now, will be between 7-9 years away at least.

Salaries haven't virtually risen in the last 2 years, with an increase of about 40% of the prices in Dubai.

The accommodation / utilities allowance will only cover you guys for a 2 bedroom apartment in an average area. Forget areas such as Downtown Dubai or Dubai Marina unless you go for a 1 bd or a studio.

In the end it is your choice, but honestly, don't let them fool you. Things are going downhill. Ask anyone.