PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2014, 21:30
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Nothing would surprise me anymore. Like Adolf in the Fuhrer bunker boasting about how good his communications are now the Russian tanks are in Berlin because he can shout at his generals rather than relying on cables.

Another piece of news straight off the CNN presses is SIN has been announced worlds greatest airport -second year running.

It's a small point, but aside from wanting to alienate every ticket buyer in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs and handing our best customers to EK, what single positive has Dubai provided Qantas?

I really do think they thought running Qantas was a matter of adding a bit of polish to the 1st class experience and that was all that was required. Like railways - the tracks will always be there, so what can go wrong?

A mate of mine was chatting to a VERY senior QF manager/idiot very recently at a non-work function. My mate did not divulge he flew, but lamented the fact he could no longer go QF on his skiing trip with his family each year (FRA). The answer :

'We fly everywhere, just go through Dubai. And the best part is Qantas gets money for all those tickets and we don't have to worry about paying for crews, maintenance or aircraft.'

They do not know what an airline actually is, let alone how to run one. I don't think they, even now, have a proper understanding of the complexities or technical aspects of the process, but deliberately limit themselves to the instant praise from idiot semi journalists and wanna be superstars by focussing these pointless lounges, parties and corporate box events. Yes they get good press and nice famous people saying nice things about them, but that is the limit of it.

Meanwhile, every other airline out there with anything approaching normal management probably have little (must be very small) shrines built to the great BGA who must surely be seen by them as the God who keeps on giving - he's just giving to all of Qf's competitors.

You could not wish for a nicer competitor than BGA! At the same time he's giving away decades of business, he is also stripping the place of all the important skill sets (that are left) which are inevitably also moving to competitors - with a determination to destroy the moron who just didn't get what it was they were good at.

And this idiot has the support of the board and the idiot yes men/women he has employed.

It is a perfect storm of lunacy, a gigantic ship of fools.