PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash Landing in Cunnamulla - two hurt.
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2014, 07:15
Trent 972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is where you seem to miss the point Creampuff.
If the pilot of that flight was faced with a 25 knot headwind component, following your befuddled concept of range flying, it would have gone quiet about 220nm short.
Sorry lawman, more work required for you. The educational content of your posts so far have been D-.
edit.
Not wanting to bore everyone to death with our little to'ing and fro'ing I've added my reply to Creampuff here.
If he’d flown at the IAS for least drag, adjusted or not for wind component, he would have made it with fuel to spare.
As a person who spends the vast majority of his work time 'range flying' it is obvious to me that you Creampuff, are quite happy in your ignorance and nothing I can say will change your mind, even though you have already admitted to Standing Corrected. Continue on in your ignorance, blissfully unaware. I will be content if some of the young ones reading this thread give a little thought to the rubbish you have posted so far on range flying. Goodbye.
*Just one thing before I go.
Taken to extremes… How far will you travel in your PA28 with a 80 knot headwind at YOUR max range cruise speed, and how long will it take you to reach your final destination with full tanks. bibi

Last edited by Trent 972; 27th Mar 2014 at 07:53.