PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 08:15
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Creampuff said...

there are patent errors in the transcript of the recordings of the information transmitted to NGA, parts of which transcript appear in the ATSB’s report.

The patent errors are not matters of debate. They are fact.

An analysis of NGA’s CVR would, among other important outcomes, help to determine the extent of the errors.
THIS IS IMPORTANT!

As I previously supposed:

The $64K question therefore is:

"Did TweedleDUMB (Dolan) publish a notice pursuant to S.49(3)(b) when the ATSB decided not to recover the recorders at the EARLY stage in the investigation when he (TweedleDUMB) became so confident that the recorders wouldn't reveal data that wasn't available from other sources?"

And if, TweedleDUMB didn't publish that notice, then WHY wasn't it published?

However, if TweedleDUMB DID publish the notice, then the recorders are open slather I reckon to be 'un-lost' as Frank is suggesting.

What I'm suggesting is that IF the recorders were of no interest (for whatever reasons) to the ATSB, and if there was a Notice pursuant to S.49(3)(b), then as far as I can see it's 'open season' for a recovery effort, and that if successful, MAY provide recorded data that would, among other important outcomes, help to determine the extent of the errors in the ATSB report.

That would then open the door for a re-opening of the investigation pursuant to para. 5.13 of Annex 13, because it would provide new and significant evidence.

So, does ANYONE know if Dolan published the notice under S.49(3)(b)?