PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 08:18
Man the lifejackets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cvr etc

I'm happy to defer to the significant experience of the posters on this site (gaunty) but I remain to be educated as to the benefits of recovering the cvr etc. Without recourse to this data the powers that be have already demonstrated their complete incompetence. (ie withholding the Chambers report - and then ignoring it)

Surely the issue has moved beyond the technical issues (which I suspect may prove they're f..kw.ts) to making them accountable for the facts that have already been uncovered by the senate. ie the senate knows they're f..kw.ts.; the available facts demonstrate they're f..kw.ts, so how do we stop them being f..kw.ts? The senate has already made a prima facie case which both governments and the AFP appear to have ignored - what else can the truth add?

Imagine if the recovery of the black boxes revealed nothing other than what was already "known" - perhaps the only other benefit might simply be to demonstrate that recovery could be achieved relatively simply and cheaply compared to, say, some other cost centres of the ATSB budget. Even then, with the commissioner immune to embarrassment, what would this add? The lunatics are still in charge.

Of course. it would be worthwhile having the data (the truth is important) and apportioning blame appropriately but what would change if the agencies continue to operate as before? Self serving bureaucrats reporting to self serving politicians. Viva democracy. (note to self - must stop thinking negatively)