PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2014, 11:08
Stalins ugly Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like to see the facts correctly put.
Does that apply to BGA as well? As he appears to never be able to answer directly or state facts.

Actually, we know less about the future of Qantas now than we did 6 months ago. But my guess is if the 49% is abolished in the QSA then domestic will be sold off to foreign lands and international will be shut down and the assets sold off. Consider AJs continues rhetoric over the last few years in regard to international. Things like "international is in terminal decline" and " we will not invest in international until it provides positive returns on its capital". These all indicate that they just are happy to watch international wither away, and with the 49% removed even more interest will be lost as it will be about flogging off internationals aircraft, putting the cash in the domestic coffers and making domestic more attractive for potential purchasers.

Yes, it would be good if AJ answered his questions directly. At least his workforce may then be able to move on and plan for a future instead of us all living each day with chopping sword hanging over our heads.

The really honest answer we wanted from AJ when asked "what would it take for you to resign Mr Joyce?" the number 1 response should have been "at the present moment the board is seeking expressions of interest from suitable candidates to take my position, so as soon as the process is complete I will announce my resignation".

Now that would have been a factual answer we would have all enjoyed and music to your "supportive" employees ears.