PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2014, 17:18
G0ULI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having read all the posts on this thread and followed this incident closely since it happened, I conclude that the Malaysian authorities and others have been transparent in releasing information. The problem is that every snippet of information has been challenged, twisted and analysed to death on this forum. The fuel load of the aircraft, Inmarsat pings, acars inoperative, flight crew and pilots, everything that has been issued has been challenged and more information demanded.

This incident started with the authorities completely in the dark, just like the rest of us. As the investigation has progressed quite a lot of information has been released or established from other sources. Can we just try an accept that the information supplied to date is the best that the authorities have, or are prepared to share at this stage of the investigation.

It is pointless being supplied with the most accurate data available and then speculating what would have happened if the data was different.

I know from working in the Far East that when pushed people tend to give you the answer they think you want to hear, rather than admit they don't know, but in these unprecedented circumstances I think that the authorities are doing their best to conform to Western expectations of transparency and accuracy.

So can we give them a break and confine the speculation to what is officially known and just accept that some information is not going to be made available.