PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2014, 16:11
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the 737-400s are definitely on the cards, but I don't know how many, or from where they are coming (or on what sort of basis they will be operated). Can anyone shed any light?

I anticipate the confusion is with the thinking that RYR crews will fly these a/c. I doubt that: I assume they will be wet leased. One question is why. There are varying dates for the next tranche of -800's arriving. If it will be 2015, and it was known in advance, then why design a business plan and schedule that you can't deliver without outside help; which may or may not have been forth-coming. Could be risky. If 2016 is the next -800 date then do RYR plan this lease operation for the next 2 years? Even more risky. If the -400 a/c are wet leased, and depending from whom, I wonder how the crews might react to the RYR roster. I've been involved with a/c having wet leased a/c in where the crews retained their own contractual conditions. It was chaotic for rostering and flight scheduling. It was necessary to make a little airline within an airline. Packages of routes from fixed bases etc.
Someone must be in the know.