PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2014, 15:03
YYZjim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plea for release of data

Boeing, Rolls-Royce and Inmarsat have some data which has not been shared with the public. It is possible, perhaps even likely, that the unwashed public will not be able to make any more sense of the data than have the experts who have been analyzing it for more than a week. I agree with the principle that the authorities (governments and their experts) should have initial access to the data and should be given a reasonable time in secret to work with it. But, there comes a time when the public should be given a chance to do their own analysis. I think a week of secrecy is long enough and the time for disclosure has come.

I trust Boeing and Airbus, and the engine manufacturers, too. They are engineers whose integrity I trust. The government of Malaysia, not so much. The next of kin on passengers on flight MH370, in particular, should make a plea directly to Boeing, Rolls-Royce and Inmarsat to release their data or, in the alternative, for a description of the restrictions which have been imposed on their release of the data. In the latter case, the public would have a clearer idea of who is frustrating the data-flow. I see of the website MH370 Malaysian disappeared search rescue such a plea, and I support it.