PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 07:01
Very Sneaky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by septerra
G'day

Anyone have info on whether the Army distribution call that was to go out this month has already been completed? A PM or a reply would be appreciated and would be a great relief to know either way. Anxious, anxious.

On a side note, I am a little too old for RAAF at this stage, and am curious to find out what the maximum age of a successful Army pilot application that you are aware of. I'm contemplating focusing on other things for a couple of years and perhaps start the process again when I'm about 28 years of age, so looking at around 29-30 years of age by intake date if I am successful at that point. Would age be a big deterrent for Army?

Regs
K
I've spoken to my enlistment coordinator about age; she said that while it is a stated preference, it has very little bearing on their decision to tender you an offer unless you're really pushing the upper end of the age bracket or you've displayed exactly the same potential/skill as another candidate younger than you, AND there isn't room for both of you (which seems to be a very specific scenario, and not one that I can imagine would arise often). I can't speak from experience, but this is what she told me and I have heard of people who are well into their 30s receiving offers for the RAAF. As for the army, the GSO Pilot page states: "Applicants must be aged between 17 and 49 years of age inclusive on entry." (for Duntroon candidates, different for ADFA)