PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2014, 18:36
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Alan should do as Rob Fyfe did, and actually gets out of his
bubble, and talk to some front line staff for a change!
He thinks he is too busy? Probably why he has three CEO's (two of which are invisible) and needs a lawyer close by to assist him with his "selective amnesia" problem. He appears to be crystal clear on some things he said in the past, but draws a blank on other more important things he said in the past.

I cut this video down to Nick X's questions from last week's senate inquiry, (before news 231/2 cut to another story) re the Qantas International fleet, which I believe Gareth Evans gave a conflicting answer to what Joyce said on the issue..

I'm first to admit that I don't understand accounting jargon, for example the term PNL as against cash, which are apparently very different, well according to Joyce anyway. For me PNL is short for Panel, and cash is a good resource to buy a panel should you require one.. I guess if an accountant decides to redirect this generated cash to another cause you end up with not enough money to purchase that panel you require to fix your problem.

I'm sure there are much smarter guys on here than I am, who could explain to me what Joyce and Evans are on about.

Anyway, what struck me about Nick X's questions regarding the Qantas International fleet was Joyce said the International business generates cash, but not enough to reinvest in a new fleet.. Evans said Qantas International will require investment in the future... Joyce was negative, but Evans was positive about the same issue... go figure I said to myself.. Does this mean there is no money in the tin for the Qantas International fleet?

ALAN JOYCE: But you don't know the route profitability of Qantas. And can I tell you that every route that's left generates cash for us.

Background for Nick X's questions

Qantas chief gives no guarantees on keeping jobs in Australia - 27/02/2014

Today's Sunday, so if you have some time, I hope the above video links help you all to understand the last few confusing years a little better.. so many mixed messages.

full audio only here senate inquiry..

http://youtu.be/y5NZA7WJc1k

Last edited by TIMA9X; 16th Mar 2014 at 05:38. Reason: add link 7.30 report