PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2014, 21:15
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Thumbs down

Interesting thing with hypoxia, and in pass this on to all who haven't done a chamber run, YOU FEEL MUCH WORSE POST HYPOXIC WHEN YOU GO BACK ON OXYGEN!
Thanks VR, and IW. All these years and I never knew! I can certainly attest to feeling like absolute crap at 0300 body clock time. You will not be performing well. Well enough, usually. But could easily part explain 'dumb' decisions/recognition at the start of procedure and the comment above lack of comprehension/ability if you regained consciousness prior to any impact.

IF there are 200+ pax sitting in liferafts somewhere they will be dying horrible deaths. I know ELT's etc should be activated but if not heard the results would be horrific. I would hope for the big bang/impact theory.

Decades of EP's training simply said 'no matter where you are you will only be in a raft for at most 48 hours' and the joke that (Qantas) the worst place to be would probably be just off SYD where you would be unlikely to get the worlds attention and would have to rely on local fishermen to get home is plainly a nonsense with some aircraft configurations.