PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2014, 13:24
Ric_god

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Ratpoison:

Sorry, what's your point?

Do you pay more than you have to when it comes to telephone, gas, electricity or petrol?

A lot of criticism of management here which is ironic given your solution is to increase airfares.

Underlying problem is QA airfares are already too expensive. Especially when you can fly to same destination at a similar time and pay less.

This problem isn't going to sort itself out until current QA workforce realise that good old days are over. Customers are already comparing QA to ME & Asian airlines. They're cheaper, offer comparable cabin service and (sorry to say) have similar safety and maintenance records. Therefore, to trade out of this position QA need to reduce costs and airfares.

Best way of achieving this is for all staff to reduce wages (more to the point - allowances, penalties & constant threat of industrial action).

This is a controversial point but here goes, current union leadership don't seem to want to protect long term employment. I make this assumption as I cannot think of 1 unionized occupation (not including government) in this country whose future is secure. It begs the question why would one continue paying union fees when the actions of your leadership are increasing the chances of redundancy.

Thanks.

Last edited by Ric_god; 12th Mar 2014 at 13:31. Reason: Include username of original post.