PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2014, 14:25
MartinM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About a week ago I was watching a documentation on a flight in troubles.

Reading aboves post of TheShadow, it does come into my mind.
China Airlines Flight 006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically they lost complete control over the plane. luckly they were able to recover control and land the 747 in SFO.

What if the MH370 pilots were not able to control the situation? Tried to get back and lost control over Malacca strait.

In any case it would not tell us why the pilots would turn off the transponder. makes non sense. Nor it would tell us why tehy would have shut down in a sub menu of the ACARS config, the SATCOM transmission and subsequently switchd VHF3 to VOICE.

I cannot imagine any crew in troubles would do that. That is non sense.

And that would indeed lead back to the original statement, that Malaysia Airlines tries to keep their image and don't want to loose their face. If the aircraft was flying all the way back from 35000 ft down to 3500ft over Malaysian territory and into the strait of malacca, then the ACARS must have been ON and primary radar signal was received of an unidentified object, which of course no one would have initially identified as MH370.

The response in any case would have needed to be scramble Jets. Unless somebody in the ATC was sleeping.

Something went wrong and somebody is trying to play it down to make it look better but more and more it is surfacing and now communications are responding differently to the changing picture.

The passport thing was just to distract the press. I call this crowed control. Every body was all of a sudden looking at the passport issue, rather than to the search of the aircraft.

The truth will surface, the question is when.