PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2014, 14:28
frozenpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issue of cameras being installed is indeed a very sensitive one. I personally as a pilot do not support this. Firstly, Airline management could potentially abuse this information. When you are employed as a Pilot and achieve an Airside pass you are supposed to be scrutinised with background checks etc. Most Airlines still utilise locked door procedures, so we should be entrusted to carry out our duties with trust and our protocols prevent unauthorised access.

The more serious point is " big brother" I a, don't want someone to watch me picking my nose! B, as many other pilots will relate to, when we are under line check feel more pressurised. The last thing I want is when dealing with a serious problem the thought that the safety department/management will be viewing my actions after the event, and with hindsight. This could become a distraction and affect flight safety.

There could of course be an honest broker hat holds recordings and deletes within a defined period... But the CVR/FDR/ACAR's when located always paint the true picture.