PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU ban on one-bag only policy
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 11:41
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This could be potential carnage on the face of it. But without knowing the specifics I'm not sure what to make of it.

To be honest technically it wouldn't make much difference if people out things under the seat in front but people are very reluctant to. It will be interesting to see how people will expect their 2 plus items to fit in the overhead.

It is no longer an LCC issue whereas once upon a time it was. My recent CDGLHR BA flight was no different to an EZY flight and they have quite a few fewer seats on an A320 and the flight had about ten empty seats yet it was still an issue getting bags in and the crew were very firm in getting people to out their small bags under the seats.

With BA now charging for bags (whatever way they spin it you're still paying) people have their roll ons and their additional item and it was extremely tight getting the bags in.

It would just not be workable.

Yes airlines could stop charging for hold baggage but we'll end up paying for that in higher ticket costs and why should I have to pay the same when I'm not putting stuff in the hold? Interesting times. I'm glad I'm out of it