PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 27th Feb 2014, 04:14
T28D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest out of Hansard from Mi Mi Mi Mi it is priceless

Been transcribing the events of yesterday, now up to about 21 pages and still going, and Bill Heffernan gets this week’s super-prize box of Timtams!

Chair: How did it go from a “critical nature of the incidents” to a “don’t worry about it”?

Mr Dolan: It’s a matter that we did rehearse with the references committee Senator, and in short our initial assessment of the issue of guidance as to dealing with the situation where the weather deteriorates from what was planned, we over-assessed it as critical in the early stage and by applying methodologies, concluded by the end of the process that it constituted a minor safety issue.

Chair: Can I commend you that you look really well and less stressed than you used to for some reason?

Mr Dolan: (Undecipherable): “Got rid of the beard.”

Chair: “But that particular incident I just spoke of; no thinking person would believe that bureaucratic answer. I mean, you can’t go from a critical incident to a minor or whatever it was, without something happening on the journey. Anyway we won’t go back there, but to any sensible person, that sounds like either a bloody cover-up or a balls-up.