PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 26th Feb 2014, 17:16
SASless

Received 467 Likes on 191 Posts
What is your "Land Right Now" fuel quantity?

At what level do you accept you have to land?

I pick a quantity that assures me of a safe landing....but still leaving some fuel in the Tank.

At some point Sid....you have to accept you are not going to make it to the fuel point and land short.

I don't care what you call it....how you pick the quantity...but you better have one and it has to be a finite number and upon reaching that fuel level....you have to land otherwise you are running the risk of winding up in a situation where you run out of fuel while still in-flight....which would be a very stupid thing to do.

So Sid....what is your magic number....and when everything goes wrong and you find yourself at that magic fuel level.....what would you do?

The answer is exactly as I had said.....you will land where ever you can.....or do you Sid...just carry on?

If I follow your thinking Sid....using your numbers...it is about 28Kgs of fuel. Which is not very much is it in light of the Fuel Quantity issues that can affect the 135. You comfy and warm betting you have that 28Kgs or whatever you choose?