PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reform Scenic Flights regulation!
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 21:01
Aussie Bob

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
I negotiated the wording of my brochure with my local FOI, and he agreed to listing my three branded scenic flights with descriptions that I was offering but listing my departure times - a choice of two as a suggestion - in a different part of the brochure well away from where my scenic flights were listed to keep Canberra happy. The FOI did not want the flights and departure times listed next to one another and it was a simple change to make.
This, in a nutshell is everything wrong with CASA, the regs and operating scenic flights. You got one FOI's opinion on something of zero consequence to aviation safety and all that happened was you changed the wording of a brochure? You think this is good? Do you seriously think you should need a CASA opinion for a tourist brochure? Negotiate even. Faaaak, heaven help this industry. I guess you think this is the safest outcome for your punters?

Edit: Possum I mean no offense to you, I am sure you are bound to do the best you can for your company under the available circumstances and if this is a good outcome

Last edited by Aussie Bob; 26th Feb 2014 at 01:26.