PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 24th Feb 2014, 19:23
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red sock v Green sock.

Interesting passage of play for CVD boys and girls, no Hansard as yet so we'll have to wing it but: of note was.

0036 DAS defers a question playing possum "unsure of exact definitions" etc. act, nearly a well done routine, the art is to convince the Senator that he is not fully across the issue and must defer to a minion. The Fereday minion looks all cool, calm and collected while sitting at the back, but suddenly – show time – 0050 – the 'oh crap' moment. The Muppet, attempting not to wet it's self, eventually sorts out it's name plate then forgets to say who and what he is. The next few moments are embarrassing, Fawcett merrily leading the lamb to slaughter.

0427 – Poor Fereday. He's in so much trouble, the DAS suddenly ('finds notes') wades in with a rescue attempt; now it seems he is not so baffled by this CVD stuff and tries to bluff it out; alas, game set and match Fawcett.

McComic mentions differentiating between Red, Green and PAPI in the same breath; unless I've lost some marbles both PAPI and VASIS are Red/White, so why all the fuss about green? Can any one with CVD explain what they actually 'see' with a below glide slope indication; just ignore the other redundant options, such another pilot, EGPWS and all that safety stuff. Green is taxiway lights and bay numbers and not really supercritical.

Meanwhile the Muppet pulls his timber in and sits very still hoping to avoid further questions, definitely not quite so cocky during the rest of the flogging. Watch the guy sitting behind McComic, stress level slightly elevated?

It would be interesting to see how many CVD pilots had motor vehicle accidents, going through red or stopping on green. The AMSA seem to be a sensible crowd, and at sea, red/green are important it would be interesting to find their approach to the CVD issue; may be worth investigating.

1200 (Q) "Has a personality changed ?" – nail hit on head; they should have dug what's his name out his lair to answer those questions; now I'd pay for ticket to watch that show.

I still prefer Hansard, but I could develop quite a liking for this new fangled technology stuff. It's great fun and very enlightening. I now know who I would and would not invite to a poker game on the house boat; money for old rope I reckon.