PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2014, 19:44
gums

Received 52 Likes on 15 Posts
I am with OG on discussion, protocol and such.

@Nuts

How can you "trim" to TAS?
Secondly, what is happens to phugoid phenomena when thrust is greater than drag? I would imagine it would be there, but the time constant/perios/amplitude would be interesting.

I did not get a major in aero, only had the so-called "general" engineering degree, but had maybe 20+ semester hours of thermo and aero and related. Then many hours of physics, chemistry, astro, mechanics, EE, computer science and even civil engineering.

I flew 6 different jets and saw many things that verified about all of the theories I had been taught. But I never had a course about human performance until I actually flew the jets. And that course had very harsh results if you got an "F". Also flew the first "pure" FBW operational jet in the world, while recognizing that a large portion of the Concorde flight control system was FBW. In my little jet, if the electrons went away it was a nylon let down, or worse.

Since I jumped in here with AF447, I have learned an awful lot about both technical and human factors for the commercial pilots. I appreciate all of your acceptance of my "contributions.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 22nd Feb 2014 at 21:49.