PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Hijack?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2014, 15:33
b263354

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this whole "debate" is taking a rather serious note from slightly joking to just plain outright insulting... and I won't mention any names, as I AM a professional, contrary to... (wonder what these "gentleman's CRM ratings are..hmmm)

Anyways, being off the flight deck now some time has given me some perspective, and I can only believe these men that go to insulting behavior are either the spoiled little pilot brats, or grumpy old john wayne men, with whom I have had the misfortune to hold hands with a little to often! (on the throttle)

To get BACK to the discussion, calculating the value of property, and personnel/ people aboard, time has come to find new ways of dealing with these issues, and no, "just trusting the pilots" simply will not do anymore, any manager who has responsibility knows this. (In this respect, thank god for ACARS, a tool for weeding the incompetent from competent often).

As for the FA, again, I presume these fore mentioned "gentleman/ boys" have little to no respect for these very valuable people, and pat themselves every so often on the back parading through the isle, calling the sexy FA for their coffee, grow up!, become a professional, and learn to work in a team. Many a times they work damn harder than any pilot, and there have been situations that I thanked god they were aboard to help/ alleviate/ support etc! And yes, amongst fore mentioned, yes they CAN at least in a situation successfully open a door from the inside of the flight deck if needed...jeezz