PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA downgrades India's aviation safety ranking
Old 15th Feb 2014, 13:06
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Sky Dancer

As far as Middle East airlines are concerned they all ( with the exception of Saudi Arabia ) follow the JAA / EASA standards to the very core . Their exam syllabus , skill tests , medical standards etc all copy pasted from the JAA / EASA

One trouble American Pilots had when applying to the middle east airlines was passing the written because they were all JAA based .
So naturally failure rates were higher for them when compared to JAA license holders who would find the exam to be a piece of cake

Lots of former British Colonies follow the same standards outside the middle east as well Eg Singapore , Malaysia , New Zealand ( and now the Indian DGCA as well )
Thats why airlines from these countries also ask for FROZEN ATPL with MCC / JOC course

Kuwait Airways prior to the Gulf War in 1990 would not hire anyone without a British CPL / ATPL

Qatar Airways wont accept FAA CPL's with FAA ATP written for FO' positions but will accept the FAA ATP license in full

Saudi Arabia on the other hand follows the FAA regulations to the core since President Roosevelt gifted a DC 3 to start Saudia
Thats why the Saudia once upon a time would require employees to convert and obtain an FAA license prior to joining them

but I have serious reservations about their system because I have seen how Indians themselves have used the American system to obtain their licences. And quite honestly many of them have abused it.
I am curious to know what your reservations are ? And how did Indians abuse it ?