PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 15th Feb 2014, 02:23
Ranger One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know one end of a 135 (or any other rotary device) from the other. But I have a small interest in this accident for personal reasons (no names no pack drill). I have a couple of questions about The Book:

What are the single engine failure checklist/action items on this aircraft, according to The Book?

There has been some discussion about the low fuel warnings and systems behaviour, flight time remaining from low fuel warning etc. What does The Book say about how the position of the transfer pump switches affects this scenario? The behaviour here must have been tested, explored and understood during certification.

I'm speaking strictly as a fixed wing pilot here. A single engine failure on a twin is routine. A single engine failure *following low fuel warnings* would ring my alarm bells good and proper, have Gimli flashing before my eyes, and have me thinking "oh sh!t I've stuffed up my fuel management" - would a prudent rotary pilot not be thinking *land immediately* in that scenario?