PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2014, 20:13
RodH

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
I think you guys are in for a rough ride.

I have been reading this Forum and various news sites re. the Qantas saga for a while now and I really think the bombshell has not yet dropped.
There is no doubt in my mind that the Irish butcher has his "shillelagh " behind his back just waiting for the right time to beat you severely.
It is so painfully obvious that if the Federal Guvmint come to QF's aissistance in some way there will be lots of strings attached and the Irish Puppet will dance a merry tune. It seems as though he has been working towards this for quite some time now , slowly but surely.
I fear your terms and conditions you currently enjoy will be restructured and will be way below where they are now and all he needs to implement them is for the Guvmint to require workplace changes as a condition of assistance and he is away and swinging his shillelagh. If he gets the Guvmint to demand these changes then he can say that it is out of his hands and he is only doing what is required by them for Qantas to survive and his conscience ( if he has one ) is clear.There is no way assistance will be forthcoming without quite a lot of blood letting. The Irishman must be happily polishing his shillelagh , apart from other things !!!!
I would like to think I am wrong but as an outsider it certainly looks that way to me.
Whether you like him or not he is a very cunning , sly person.
Good luck and watch your back for the " club ' for as sure as night follows day he will be out swinging it real soon.