PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello! Central Scotland PPL - where to go?
Old 11th Feb 2014, 21:45
dst87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello! Central Scotland PPL - where to go?

Hello everyone!

I've been told to check out this forum by a friend on a completely unrelated forum, so hello!

I plan to start working towards a PPL this year, and am trying to immerse myself in aviation as it's fascinated me since I was a child (now 26). Flying has been a dream of mine for ages, but only now do I have the money to think about pursuing the hobby.

I'm still getting to grips with this site, but have browsed a little bit so far.

My question: I'm based in Falkirk and am trying to decide on a school for PPL. I'm drawn to Tayside Aviation in Dundee, despite the distance from Falkirk, and am booked into their open day in March to learn more about the school. They also offer a summer school so I'm interesting in hearing more about that.

I'm also aware of ACS Aviation at Cumbernauld which would be much more convenient, but have less information on their website.

My goals are simply to enjoy flying. My dream is to fly professionally, but I know how difficult that can be (and how costly) so for now I'm going to try and enjoy flying as a hobby!

I'd be really grateful for any advice/hints/tips/points you can offer. I've never been more excited about something in my life

Cheers,

Duncan

Last edited by dst87; 11th Feb 2014 at 23:11.