PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multicom vs area frequency
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2014, 07:44
Capn Bloggs

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Puff
It is a sad indictment on the state of Australian aviation that the answer to the first question is not instantly and universally known and agreed.
The answer's pretty obvious, as the OP points out: AIP GEN Def of Multicom and ENR 1.4, 3.2.1.

I'll say it again. The CAAP's got it wrong, IMO. Back to the books for you puff!

If a VFR bugsmasha is taxiing for take off out of ‘Sandlewood Park’, about 15 nms to the West of Mildura – not in ERSA and not marked as an airstrip on any chart – for a climb to say 9,500 on a track slightly East of North, who’d be assisted by the taxi call being made on 126.7?
The same people who'd be assisted by departures from any one of the myriad tin-pot airfields listed in ERSA as having a CTAF of 126.7. At least we biggies (and the controllers) don't hear their taxiing and entering calls.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing farmer Kettle yabbering on the Area when taxiing at his property (I can see both positions); the whole thread, which we seem have come back to, is what the pubs say.