PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 4th Feb 2014, 07:56
Captain Radar....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Groundhog Day

I defy anyone on either side of the debate to tell me that this thread has bought anything new to the party.

If I was a Mod here, I'd be deleting new MPA threads and insisting people stick to a central one. That way we would only be getting posts with a better percentage of new and/or relevant information.

Everything (of value) in this thread has been posted many, many times before.

This does not help the debate...it dilutes it. This is an important issue...it deserves better.
Go on then TOFO give us something something better.
I posted the paper because I thought it encapsulated the more accurate aspects of the RMPA argument. I agree there is nothing new to anyone who understands why we needed an MPA, I just had sight of it and thought others should too. I said tongue in cheek that we needed another MPA thread, I didn't really mean that, I just wanted those that patently don't really understand the need for a (long range) MPA to see a coherently constructed argument. I more or less posted it just so people could see it, I didn't really want to kick off another repeat of what has been said before especially by some of the, shall we say, less well informed contributors. I suppose I should just have picked one of the other threads and dropped it on there. Sorry for any distress caused and for bringing Stuffy to the surface again, I'm with Big Green Gilbert on that one and now I'm going quiescent. Enough really is enough. I go now, out.